Thursday, 29 March 2012


Done texturing. Or more like, stopped, really. They're looking creepy as fuck. Here's the unflattering viewport grab:   pretty Marmoset render:

 1024 texture sheet for all 4 of them
...Time to rig them and throw into the level. I have no idea what I'm doing at this point. Initial idea was to turn them (or a couple) into physical assets, and attach them to ropes  using constraints. Whether it will pan out..we'll find out soon enough :I

Tuesday, 20 March 2012

Puppets wip

Working on the puppets at the moment. The base tricount is 2,216. Mouth and eyes are welded in, as it's not a proper character. Although Tim has suggested that I make a lower jaw into a separate piece, like in my concept. Might do that :)
The joints and stuff will only be visible on one puppet, for others i'll have to model in the clothes and delete the geometry underneath. Hope it works..

Thursday, 15 March 2012


Done. About bloody time. Had to make the tube doublesided - otherwise the lightmaps in UDK didn't shade it correctly. Not sure if it's possible to have a double-sided lightmap for a single plane XD

Tuesday, 13 March 2012

Gramophone WIP

Gonna texture it tonight. I should really pick up the pace :/ Past days have been very slow. Darksiders competition isnt helping XD

Wednesday, 7 March 2012

Some essentials

Updates for now: New doors, curtains, fancier (but still godawful) entrance, skirtingboards with faces. I thought I had fixed the lightmap seams by separating the bleed areas, but i think I need to clean up the normal map from larger distortions, too..sigh. I just want to do the shiny assets :(
..Oh and the bottom of the curtains will be replaced with tassels as soon as I re-do the alpha sheet.

Thursday, 1 March 2012

Twins Room Test

Was playing around with shapes and ideas last night, and I think I've finalized the concept for my room (being decisive is tough).
I still want the room to be smaller at the bottom and tall at the top, but I've rounded the shape - I thought it would fit in with the shape of the cage better.
In addition, I've added a viewing balchony that can be accessed by a spiral staircase (the staircase curling around the walls/ being attached to the walls).The room will also have an indent for a giant wardrobe: for the wardrobe, I want one door open so the player can see inside, but not enough tyo distract from the swing. Inside I want ladders and levels of rails of clothing... it'll probably look like a side-scrolling game in a wardrobe.

Anywho, I brought it into UDK to check scale and stuff and to play with lighting. Not sure what colour I want the lights - pink's cool, eh?

I think I'll only have the ceiling and floor mirrored. I don't want the room to be too eye-burning afterall.
The floor I'll fill out with more assets - a sofa, a vainity table, clothes and shoes perhaps.

The wardrobe won't be accessable - the player will be able to see into it, but not get into it. Trying to get rails of clothing to move properly and ladders to work well in a confined space sound like a pain in the ass. If there is time at the end i'll try, but for now I'll concentrate on the rest of the place.

Oh, gona have long drapes hanging either side of the wardrobe - like the big red ones you have in the waiting room.


Carpet. Idea scribbles.

...Forgive me this crude scribble :D Just drew some stuff into the screenshot to determine, what I need to add and fix.
The carpet has already been done today and placed in the level. Originally I was planning on doing it as a decal, however Bart suggested making a separate mesh. In the end it was both easier and cheaper :D I've built a mesh of a quarter of the ring and simply duplicated it along the corridor.
For the texture, I found an image of some antique French rug and redesigned it to make it fit the theme better.

Will make doors of a more interesting shape. Still not planning on making different doors for now, but it might be a good idea for laters. I suspect Sai's doorway will have to be redone entirely, though, and I've no clue on how to approach it..Even the regular door was a nightmare with bend walls and such.

-Extra stuff:
Will add some columns (so far just a twisted one, unless i think of something better), more curtains and some flowers. Lots of frames, too. Although I'll have to have the pictures for all of them ,too >_>